In honour of today being St. Patrick’s Day, I thought I would showcase some green makeup items in my stash. Let’s use the local dollar store as a gauge for what colour green we’re talking about:
Looks like a Leprechaun vomited in there.
At first glance, I would claim that I do not own very numerous green makeup items. But I actually do, especially eye shadows.
Here’s a curated selection of some green eye shadows I own:
1) Shiseido eye shadow in “Menthe” from the limited edition Eye color Bar – a sheer minty green
2) make up store Eyedust in Victory – this looked a lot much more green in the container but once swatched, it leans quite teal
3 – 4) Coastal Scents hot Pots eye shadow sampler called “Lakeside Breeze” – I swatched the 2 best hand side shades “Celadon Green” (top) and “Balsam” (bottom)
5) Artdeco Khaki green 254 – I purchased this in Germany, it’s a very greyed sage green shade
6 – 7) Cargo Eye shadow Duo in Oregon – sage green and golden olive shades
8) The Body shop Eye Colour in 43 velvet green – a forest green
9) Sephora Jumbo liner 12HR wear Kaki 05 – this came in a set or else I probably wouldn’t have picked this shade up specifically but it’s a beautiful olive green
I swatched them in the same purchase as noted above
Most of my green eye shadows lean much more grey and brown, which makes them a lot much more wearable. I especially delight in using a deep sage colour to smoke out a nude eye look.
In contrast I own only a few green nail polishes:
Zleva do prava:
• Illamasqua Nomad – a jade shade
• China Glaze Starboard – leaf green (and many true to the St. Patty’s day green)
• Illamasqua Rampage -deep vampy hunter green
• China Glaze Agro – a shimmery olive
Swatched in same purchase as noted above.
Unfortunately, I have no green blushes or lip products to share! Do you own any green coloured makeup?
Having lived briefly in Dublin Ireland, I can assure you that this certainly is true:
This is from a beam inside the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin.
Šťastný den svatého Patrika!
Klikněte pro e-mailem to příteli (otevře se v novém okně)
Klikněte pro sdílení na Pinterestu (Otevře se v novém okně)
Klikněte pro sdílení na Twitteru (otevře se v novém okně)
Klikněte pro sdílení na Tumblr (Otevře se v novém okně)
Klikněte pro sdílení na RedDIT (Otevře se v novém okně)
Stejně jako načítání …
My top 10 MAC eye shadowsThis is a popular Youtube topic and I can understand why. MAC is a very available line that is a bit of a “gateway” makeup brand for numerous people, myself included. MAC provides high quality cosmetics in a broad variety of colours and finishes, at a sensible price point (compared to department store…
March 4, 2015In “Beauty”
My preferred pre-made eye shadow palettesMaybe I’m being too loose with the term “palette” since most of my favourites are just quads – but I expect they fall under the umbrella of palettes? To me, a palette is anything much more than a duo – so trios, quads, and quints all qualify. What I’m trying to say is that…
May 13, 2015In “Beauty”
Maison Jacynthe makeup LaunchI’m sure you’ve heard of this brand by now because it’s making the rounds on all the Canadian charm blogs! 😉 I won’t bore you too much with the mythos of Maison Jacynthe (yes, there’s a real person behind the brand, Jacynthe René) as it’s been written about numerous times recently…
October 27, 2016In “Beauty”